FANTASPORTO 2019 REGULATIONS
1. The 39th edition of the OPORTO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL - FANTASPORTO 2019 will take place from February 22nd till March 2nd.
2. The Festival main purpose is screening and promoting films of quality, both aesthetically and thematically, and to seek new forms and methods of filmmaking.
3. The Festival has the following sections.
3.1. Competitive Sections for unreleased films in Portugal:
3.1.1. Official Section - Fantasy Feature Films – new feature with fantasy as main genre. Must have been produced between 2018 and 2019.
3.1.2. Official Section - Fantasy Short Films – new shot films with fantasy as main genre. The shorts should have a maximum of 15 minutes in length, and must have been produced between 2018 and 2019.
3.1.3. Official Section - Directors Week (Manoel de Oliveira Award) – for feature films in all genres and produced between 2018 and 2019.
3.1.4. Official Section - Orient Express - for Asiatic feature films, produced between 2018 and 2019.
3.1.5. Official Section - Prémio de Cinema Português – Best Portuguese Film Award - for unreleased Portuguese films (all lengths) produced in 2018.
3.2. Non - Competitive Sections:
3.2.1. Official Section Out of Competition - Panorama & Première - for recent feature films in all genres unreleased in Portugal.
3.2.2. Official Section – Fantas Classics – A Tribute to classical masterpieces, manly the one remastered.
3.2.3. Retrospective Section
4. The Festival aims at:
4.1. Promoting in the city of Oporto a cultural forum with international impact.
4.2. Dignifying the Portuguese Cinema and encouraging the film production in Portugal.
4.3. Promoting Portugal in the world film industry.
5. FILMS - PROCEDURES FOR A FILM APPLICATION/SELECTION
5.1. FOR SELECTION: A screener on line must be sent till the 5th December 2018 together with the Entry Form that can be found in the site www.fantasporto.com.
The screeners and the entry form are mandatory and must be sent to the email firstname.lastname@example.org. The screeners should be sent using a link with password open till December 5th. Fantasy shorts must be submitted till November 1st.
5.2. The submission can also be sent by mail. The proposals, in DVD or Blu Ray support, must be sent together with the filled entry form to FANTASPORTO | RUA ANIBAL CUNHA, 121 / 4050 – 046 PORTO | PORTUGAL till November 1st.
5.2. The filled ENTRY FORM MUST BE SENT WITH THE SUBMISSION TO CONFIRM YOUR APPLICATION:
The Entry Form is mandatory as we said before. Without this procedure the acceptance of the submission will not be accepted for selection.
6. IF THE FILM IS SELECTED, IT IS NECESSARY FOR ELECTRONIC SUBTITLING AND PROMOTION:
6.1. Dialogue list of the film in English.
6.2. Screener in DVD or Blu Ray or link and password valid till the end of the festival.
6.3. Three (3) or more press stills (with at least 1MB each). One of them must be a poster of the film.
6.4. Three (3) printed posters (if available)
6.5. One or more press-books and promotional materials
6.6. A trailer in DVD or Bluray
6.7. EPK of the film for TV promotion (optional)
6.8. Graphic Materials to be used to promote the film in the Web
7. The screeners are not returned and will be destroyed after the festival.
8. All materials should be sent by mail or e-mail to:
FANTASPORTO Rua Aníbal Cunha, 121
4050 - 046 Porto
Or through the email
9. IF SELECTED/ FOR EXHIBITION:
9.1. The participating producers, directors and sales agents may present their films under the following conditions:
9.2. Accepted suports: DCP, that should be open or BluRay. We do not accept films to download except shorts
9.3. To have English subtitles or to be spoken in English.
9.4. To have been produced between 2018 and 2019, if applying for competition.
9.5. To be the first public screening in Portugal
9.6. THE SCREENERS OF THE FILMS SHOULD BE IN POSSESSION OF THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE till February 1st 2019.
9.7. The Festival insurance coverage includes all risks including theft or fire, loss or disappearance; total or partial damage. The insurance company covers all films screened in the festival.
9.8. The screening prints will only be returned to the sender if asked.
They only be returned to the producer, director or sales agent. If not, the shipment will be paid by this new entity.
10. The Organizers are responsible for the selection of the films submitted to the Competitive Sections but the festival Direction delegate in International Juries for the decision on the awards.
11. The Organizers nominate the International Juries that will decide on the Official Awards of each section of the festival.
12. Awards to be granted by the Jury of the Official Competition for Fantasy Films
The International Jury of the Official Section for Fantasy Films will grant the following awards:
a) Fantasporto Best Film Award
b) Fantasporto Best Direction
c) Fantasporto Best Actor
d) Fantasporto Best Actress
e) Fantasporto Best Screenplay
f) Fantasporto Best Special Effects or Best Cinematography
g) Fantasporto Special Award of the Jury
This award will be given to a film whose artistic and technical aspects present a high level of originality.
h) Fantasporto Best Fantasy Short Film Award
13. Jury of the Official Competition Directors Week
The International Jury of the Directors Week will grant the following awards:
a) Fantasporto Directors Week Best Film Award
b) Fantasporto Directors Week Best Director
c) Fantasporto Directors Week Best Actor
d) Fantasporto Directors Week Best Actress
e) Fantasporto Directors Week Best Screenplay
f) Fantasporto Directors Week Special Award. For a film with a high level of originality
14. Jury of the Official Competition Orient Express
The International Jury of the Orient Express official section will grant the following awards:
a) Fantasporto Orient Express Best Film Award
b) Fantasporto Orient Express Special Award of the Jury
15. Jury of the Portuguese Cinema
This jury will grant the following award:
a) Fantasporto Portuguese Cinema Award - Best Film
For an unreleased Portuguese film produced in 2018 (short or feature).
16. The awards of the festival have no monetary value and consist of trophies and diplomas for the winners. Diplomas will also be given, if asked, to the selected films for the Official Sections.
17. The criteria of the final programming per screening room belongs to the organizers.
18. The Organizing Committee is the only one entity entitled to decide on all matters not provided in these regulations.
Rua Aníbal Cunha, 121
4050 - 046 Porto
Facebook Address: www.facebook.com/fantasporto